Saturday 30 April 2011

What are the disadvantages of poetry?

I suppose that the disadvantages of poetry would be that you don't always get the full picture of the scene or emotion being described. Novels offer more background, more characterization definitely more plot. That is what they are about.
Another disadvantage might be that they are hard to write well. Almost anyone, with a little coaching, can write a good description of a character or an object... but not so with poetry. Even though the form is as short as a description, it is harder to perfect. ... It isn't harder than writing the whole novel, of course, but it is harder than writing any other equally short piece. Takes more time, more thought, and a more artistic touch.

1 comment:

  1. Aries: March 21st – April 19th
    “My tits were pressed up against the glass of our hotel’s sliding door, the one that led out to the balcony. Even though we were technically inside, I could see strangers bustling around in the hotel rooms directly across the street. I hoped they would glance over, see my lips part as the moans slid out, see my nipples harden against the glass, see my boyfriend’s hands rubbing over my clit, back and fourth, back and fourth, until I orgasmed against his thick cock.”

    Taurus: April 20th – May 20th
    “I’d been daydreaming about fucking him for months, and we were finally alone, our shoulders pressed together as we sat on his living room couch. He rested a hand on my thigh, a little too close to my pussy, pulsing with excitement. Then he inched his head closer until his lips were flush against mine. And, in a flash, his hands were lifting off my shirt. His lips were skating over my breasts. His dick was sliding into me. And it all felt right, because he’d been waiting for this as long as I had.”

    Gemini: May 21st – June 20th
    “I was straddling him, my nails digging into his six pack, but my lips were pressed up against her lips. I’d never kissed a girl before, but as I felt her tongue swirl against mine, I had no idea why I’d waited so long. She reached down to play with my clit as I continued bouncing on his cock, so it wasn’t long until I let out a long moan that was followed by the most intense orgasm I’d ever experienced. And then we swapped positions and started again.”

    Cancer: June 21st – July 22nd
    “We were in the honeymoon suite, laughter on our lips with our wedding still fresh in our minds. With gentle hands, he removed the veil I’d insisted on wearing during the limo ride over. The limo ride full of foreplay, with his fingers sneaking under my dress to play with my clit as his lips ensnared my neck. And now that we were safely in bed, he whispered that he loved me, that he would never leave me until the day that he died, and then he slid a strand of hair behind my ear as he pushed himself into me.”

    ReplyDelete